Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This Is the Way We Spend our Day.....

Now that school is well under way, I thought I would share a glimpse of our day!




We start each day by doing our calendar-days of the week song, weather, etc.
Below, we are making a paper chain as we count how many days we are in school.



This is our season tree. Each day when we do our calendar we look for the number on our tree too. We count how many days we've been in school and look for that number on our tree. (the numbers are scrambled)


We usually spend about 1 1/2 weeks on a letter. As we learn about the letter sounds, words, etc we also do crafts to go with that letter. Below we are making Letter B bumble bees.


E working on his workbook.

K working on his book.

We are usually working on a couple of themes at a time. Right now it's Letter B and Scarecrows. When we tackle a theme, we usually have a large stack of books that go with that theme. Here E is spending some quiet time looking at books.

K having some alone time too with his puzzles.

And of course there is always time to get creative and play! Here the boys have created a ramp in daddy's shop for their cars.


Thanks for joining us on our day!

8 comments:

Green Thumb Mama said...

What a good homeschooling mommy you are!!

Kristen said...

You are an awesome teacher! I love your day! Your boys are very, very blessed.

Ben and Rach said...

I love it, love it, love it!! How do you find time for all the other "housewife" duties? I have a hard time. How much time do you spend on school each day?

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Looks great. How old are your boys? I must return here and "borrow" some of your ideas. :)

Christy said...

I really like that tree!

~Bobbi~ said...

I wanna spend my day there!

Orange Juice said...

This is a great post. I loves seeing how things go.

~Sara said...

I love your school room. Your fall tree is great!