Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Little Love with Chip and Cookie

If you know me, even a little, you know that I LOVE chocolate chip cookies. I think I must have passed this trait on to my children. Probably because the entire time I was pregnant I thought it was my green light to eat as many chocolate chip cookies as I wanted. So when the boys were born chocolate was already a part of their blood stream.

Before we left for Hawaii I learned that Wally Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies originated in the town of Kailua, about 15 minutes from the house we were renting. Of course I assumed that it was destiny and made plans to visit their shop.


The boys and I were not disappointed and along with our bag of chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies, we also purchase a Chip and Cookie book.

This week in preparation for an upcoming Valentine's celebration we are hosting with a group of homeschooling friends, we decided to prepare the recipe in the back of our book, the key ingredient being LOVE.

The boys and I mixed and stirred. We licked the spoons and nibbled the chips. And when it came time to add the main ingredient LOVE 4 year old chanted LOVE LOVE LOVE over the bowl while I hugged it. Yes, we are a little silly.


We patted the dough into a cookie sheet and baked it for 18 minutes.


And then, just like in the story, we had heart shaped cookies-full of LOVE.


Above is our wonderful book. I don't know if you can find it outside of the Chip and Cookie stores
but if you can, it's adorable and well worth the read. Even my 2 year old sat through the entire story and LOVED the vibrant pictures.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Those cookies are adorable. Is the recipe from the book, did you say? I've heard of other people always putting "love" into their cookies, and I think it's wonderful!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

YAY!!! Can't wait to taste "the love" on Thursday!! :)

Cute, cute, cute!!!

Jen said...

Yummy - and what a cute idea to add Love!

Jen

Rachel said...

those look yummy! I want your crumbs!