Thursday, February 4, 2010

stART-The Day It Rained Hearts

Today we participated in stART by reading the story The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond. You may recognize Felicia Bond from her well known illustrations in the If You Give Mouse a Cookie series. Few people realize that in addition to illustrating for several authors, Felicia Bond has also written a couple of children's books herself.





The story is about a girl that finds it is raining hearts one day and gathers them up to make her Valentine's. You follow her as she creates special Valentine's for each of her friends and then witness each friend receiving their special gift.

However, in the end it stops raining Valentine's and the girl must find a new way to make Valentine's for her friends.



By growing them on a tree!


16 comments:

Kristen said...

awww...that's so cute! I love it!

Wonder Mom said...

What a beautiful sentiment- this would also be a good story to transition from valentine's day into a spring/plants unit...

I am putting it on my list!

Mama to 3 Blessings said...

We did this book too, different craft! I love your heart tree! Cute! The book is cute isn't it? Great minds think alike! :)

sbswtp said...

great project. It came out really cute!!!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

That tree is darling!

artsy_momma said...

That is such a cute stART project! I made a handprint heart tree with my son... I am going to link to this post when I publish it- I love the book and the way you worded everything :)

Jenny said...

That's adorable! I'll have to find that book!

Our Little Family said...

Oh, how CUTE! Maddie would love to make something like this and we even have the book! Thanks for posting!
-Jill

Z-Kids said...

Super fun!

Deborah (Teach Preschool) said...

I love it!

MamaGames said...

What a great go-along art project! We love this book too! :)

Brimful Curiosities said...

Such a simple but gorgeous project. Love it. We will have to look for the book.

Raising a Happy Child said...

This looks like a terrific book and a great story extension. Thanks for sharing!

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I haven't seen this book yet. Thanks for the recommendation!

Michelle said...

This book looks so cute!

Thank you for linking up :0)

Ayn Colsh said...

Thanks for introducing me to this great book! I thought I knew all the Felicia Bond books! Here are some of the things we did in our class. I mention your blog in the post. Thanks for sharing!
http://littleilluminations.blogspot.com/2010/02/valentines-day-fun.html